Passions

"Writing can be messy; full of pointless breakdowns, yelling at the computer, banging your forehead against the keyboard, and hiding under the table."
-Rachel Sammons

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Pursuit of Time. Oh, yeah, and Happiness too.

Something I've learned: You cannot do everything you want.  Well, not all simultaneously, I mean.  I feel like all my free time is being zapped away.  Finals are coming up in school (I don't get out until the 11, can you believe it?) and there are some that I really, emphasis on really, need to study for.

In addition to that, summer is coming up.  No, it's here!  So, inevitably there are all those parties and BBQs coming up that I wouldn't trade for the world.  And I have a million hobbies I want to start this summer, too.  I had decided, while looking at my interests, that I was really pretty boring.  So now I have a ton I want to take up.  They are: Origami, String Art (also known as Curve Stitching/Line Design), Cross-Stitch, Crocheting, and Knitting.  I'll be working on those this summer.  And I'm taking Drivers Ed this summer. Boy, oh boy.  The things I'm willing to throw myself into . . . oh my.

On a writing note, three new ideas for three new poems came to me today.  I'm really excited about them.  Usually, an idea for a poem comes when something is on my mind or I hear something that triggers something else.  Then I play around with the idea until I have a creative title.  Seriously, I usually have the title in my head before I write a single word of the poem.  Once I have the title in my brain, I think of how I could word it, if it would rhyme, etc.  Unfortunately, with this time-jam I have been experiencing as of late, I have no idea when I will get to writing these poems.  Or any of my other poem ideas I have written on a piece of loose-leaf paper for that matter.  But I will get to them this summer.  That much I'm sure of.  I hope.  Plus, I want to write more of my book until I have a final draft.  I have some new ideas for that book, too.

Though this is, in fact, a writing blog, (mostly) I am also very interested in photography.  I haven't talked about that too much yet, but now I will.  My first semester of high school, I took Photography 1 class.  I fell in love.  My father is a photographer, and I enjoyed it so much.  On a side-note, my photo even won first place in the Novice Photography category in the school art show.  I do plan to continue on with photography, all through high school, all up to AP Photo.  But I digress.  So, the school had another art show just this past Tuesday, though I wasn't in it because I'm not in an art class this semester.  But I still went, and it was so beautiful!  So inspiring and making me itch to take Photo 2 next year.  I will also be taking Digital Imaging next year, too, which is photography but with digital.  I am very excited for this opportunity to make myself a better artist.  And it's nice having a way to vent through art--including writing.

2 comments:

  1. Usually I come up with the poem part then I spend a long time trying to think of a good title to use, so that is interesting to here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never right the thougts about poems down I just always forget about them and I never know what happens to them they get lost in my brain with all my math stuff. hahaha

    ReplyDelete