Passions

"Writing can be messy; full of pointless breakdowns, yelling at the computer, banging your forehead against the keyboard, and hiding under the table."
-Rachel Sammons

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BooksBooksBooks!!

Hi everyone!! I am writing a novel called Ember. I started it months ago, but once I got to Chapter 7, I realized I left myself nothing to work with. So I completely scrapped it and am starting over. Just finished my new Chapter 1 today!!

There are several books I've read that I've just loved and they've helped me to want to write. Among these are Stephenie Meyer's Twilght Saga, and her other novel, The Host. I absoulutely love Shannon Hale's books, The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, Book of a 1000 Days, and The Actor and the Housewife. I also like The Dark Princess by Amanda Kostro, whom I know personally. Also Sarah Dessen, all her novels I've loved but my favorites are definitely The Truth About Forever, Lock and Key, and I really enjoyed her newest, Along For the Ride.

I have a growing list of books to read, also. I really want to read and see My Sister's Keeper and Julie and Julia. I also am thinking about reading/seeing The Time Traveler's Wife. Is that one good does anybody know? Leave a comment and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Hay EmberWriterGirl! (Um, this is Rachel...)
    I just read your excerpt of the story your writing and hey,
    IT'S AWESOME!!

    When you finish it, let me know 'cuz I wanna read it! Don't forget to comment on my posts! Keep on writing! :)
    -GotShovel (you know who)
    P.S. Great Details!

    ReplyDelete