Passions

"Writing can be messy; full of pointless breakdowns, yelling at the computer, banging your forehead against the keyboard, and hiding under the table."
-Rachel Sammons

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Writing History

I suppose I should put up some more info about me and my writing. So here goes.

Some of my writing accomplishments that I'm extremely proud of include a poem, a school essay, and an interested agency.
This poem is one of the only good ones I have written. I don't particularly write poetry well, but for this poem I had good inspiration and it turned out well. My library was having a poetry contest and I submitted this poem, which is titled Talented Boy. It was one of four winners and was published in the library newsletter! I still have the newsletter!
I wrote an essay on The Luxe by Anna Godbersen (which that whole series is AMAZING! Totally recommend it.) and if I may say so myself, I thought I did a very nice job on the essay. My Honors English 9 (since I'm a freshmen) teacher said it was amazing and that I was a good writer! Then she also said she would probably read it again just for pleasure, which sure pleased me!
And some of the most exciting news. . .
I submitted a query form to an agency. Based off the info I provided in it, they decided they wanted to read my book. I sent the first three chapters, and what do you know, I have a contract sitting in my email waiting to be signed and returned. And if I do that, I could very well become a published author very quickly after I finally finish my book. So I think I should go back to writing it now . . .
Have a great day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment