Passions

"Writing can be messy; full of pointless breakdowns, yelling at the computer, banging your forehead against the keyboard, and hiding under the table."
-Rachel Sammons

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Few Famous People

So guess who I met. Almost an entire week ago. (I know, I know.  I should have said something sooner about meeting this person, or at least having her stamp my book. It was technically "meeting." But anyhow.)

Suzanne.
Collins.

I am not joking you. The amazing, fantastical mind that wrote the phenomenon that is The Hunger Games Trilogy. The books that just about inspired me to do anything.

Yeah, I met the author.
No big deal.

It was amazing! She has a hand condition so she signs books rather than stamps them. We also got a free key chain that has the Mockinjay pin, Coal, and The Pearl. If you haven't read it yet, yes, that will sound like nothing. But it's actually pretty cool.  It also had something else on it, but I couldn't figure out what it was and neither could my sister.

I did some research and it seems no one else can figure out what that mystery spherical thing is.

Speaking of famous people, I was at Chicago's Country Music Festival yesterday. Yes, I love country music. (It's one of my biggest pet peeves that people instantly think you're peculiar because of a love for country music. I can just as easily think you're weird for wearing whatever shoes you happen to be wearing at the moment. Chew on that.)

And the reason we went to this festival is to see a brand-spanking-new country band that I happen to be in love with. The Band Perry. Their singles "Hip To My Heart" and "If I Die Young" are genius.


Very exciting. Equally exciting, they will be signing at a Best Buy near me Saturday. I fully intend to attend. Their CD drops Tuesday, check it out.

And just to leave you with a tune in your head...


Have a great extra day off!

1 comment:

  1. That was fun meetting the author it was really quick since she didn't talk I would want to but all those people to talk wow that would be a lot and my signature was smudge =( but that country fest wow you should have waved since that would be so awesome if a famous person waved to you I would be like "yes" any way extra day off yea!!!
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete