Passions

"Writing can be messy; full of pointless breakdowns, yelling at the computer, banging your forehead against the keyboard, and hiding under the table."
-Rachel Sammons

Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Few Of The Same Famous People

So, I really need to get better about writing these things around the same week that they've happened in. But anyhow.

(PS: I will no longer be posting my book reviews on this blog. I have moved over to GOODREADS.COM. where you can read all my reviews at any time about any book I've reviewed, as well as see the books I plan to read, and what I am currently reading. Many authors -such as Jessica Day George- are on this, and I highly recommend you get one. Make sure you add me as a friend to follow my reviews! Thank you so much-you're support is fantastic. The web address is goodreads.com/amberpowers )

Last week, THE BAND PERRY'S CD came out! I was thrilled! (If you read my last blog post, I saw them in concert the week before, and I Heart Them.) Wait, wait, it gets better.

They were signing at a Best Buy near my house.

Yes, I went, are you crazy?! OF COURSE I WENT!

Okay, wow, crazy-obsessed-fangirl-moment. Deep breath in, deep breath out.

But anywho. It was totally cool and I so looked like a bum, which was a shame, but they were such cool people with such enviable southern accents!

Be jealous.
(For those of you who may have just joined us, I'm the bummy looking one in the gray sweater. My mom is in the red, my sister in the blue. The rest are the members of the most amazing country band you will ever encounter.)

But yes, it was so unbelievably cool, I just had to share. And you know what else, it made me really think about the concert all over again, and it really fueled that writing jet in me. I mean, I KNOW that is the whole purpose of this blog: my writing journey, my attempt for become a published author and perhaps a poet.

And the thing about poetry is it is SO alike song lyrics. And this band's CD is one of my inspirational ones that fuel the desire in me to write even more, to wrestle with that poem until it's just the way I like. I have a list of poems I'm working on at the moment, and I truly hope I can share them with you in all their glory one day. I was even thinking, is it too far-fetched for a poet to turn song-writer? I guess we'll see in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment